Silicone grease to make assembly faster and easier

Good advice and recommendations
warpi
Silicone grease to make assembly faster and easier

Post by warpi » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 pm

After have mounted the Ducky 13 a lot of times, I started to think of what I could do to increase mounting speed. One thing is to exchange the foot pump to an electric one (saved about 10 painful minutes). But then I also found out that by applying silicone grease to all friction parts, it got a lot quicker! You can apply this to all parts like bolts, aluminum pipes, plastic brackets etc. And I guess the PVC rubber is unaffected since silicone does not dry out the PVC.

Please tell me of your tips to make assembly quicker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicone_grease
Vitaliy

Re: Silicone grease to make assembly faster and easier

Post by Vitaliy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:55 am

You are on the right track. We also use silicone grease for rubbing parts. The main thing to choose a lubricant that does not dry out, but it remains greasy after a while. Also, after disassembling the catamaran, wipe off this lubricant so that it does not stain other parts and so that sand does not stick to it.
Sailing inflatable catamarans Ducky
www.ducky.com.ua
warpi

Post by warpi » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Vitaliy wrote:You are on the right track. We also use silicone grease for rubbing parts. The main thing to choose a lubricant that does not dry out, but it remains greasy after a while. Also, after disassembling the catamaran, wipe off this lubricant so that it does not stain other parts and so that sand does not stick to it.
Yes, sand could be tricky. For me I have been in salt water and starting from docks somy biggest problem have been the dried salt, really making the mounting/dismount diffecult. But with the silicone, it goes with great speed now.
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:25 am

After salty water, especially before prolonged storage in the packaging, be sure to wash the pipes and parts with fresh water! This will protect aluminum elements from corrosion for many years. The main corrosion occurs during storage after use in salt water.
Sailing inflatable catamarans Ducky
www.ducky.com.ua