Cape Horn 2013

Vitaliy
Re: Cape Horn 2013

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:21 am

Next day I walked across Ushuaye. Glavnaya Street – San Martin – entirely little shops, small restaurants, cafes. Small streets narrow. What go to the sea, short and cool. The small town stretched between ridge and the channel. In mountains snow caps and glaciers everywhere are visible. On the embankment some memorable platforms: reddening with busts of subjugators of Antarctica, the area with "eternal flame" in a reminder on war for the Falkland (Malvinsky) Islands, the stand with an inscription of "Ushuaia fin del mundo" at which continuously crowds wishing to be photographed the people. Walk on the embankment brings esthetic pleasure. Cloudy weather with clearings promotes perception: steel with nacreous modulations of color the sea, low, gallop rushing clouds, and a set of peacefully laid up yachts, яхточек, boats, ships, and all this against the picturesque Chilean coast Canala Bigl. The city especially beautifully looks from water, but I had no opportunity to make here walk on the channel. And here from the plane and the helicopter (on a way back) I admired the city.

Sailing inflatable catamarans Ducky
www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 am

Memorable place where each tourist respecting considers obligatory to be photographed. :)

Such amusing souvenir in the form of a prisoner form met to me in one of shops of Ushuayi. And only already at home I suddenly had a question - And a bear that here and?
www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:35 am

Arrived Edward, Eugene and Kostya in the evening. We with Javier met them. Delivery of baggage went very slowly. Eugene received the backpack the last and, unexpectedly drew to itself attention of sanitary control. As a result of a backpack shake-up from it withdrew three kilograms of the Ukrainian fat, a strategic stock of marching livelihood (!) . Edik managed to run up and bite off finally a fat slice before it went to a ballot box.  However, except fat inhabitants of Kiev had with itself more "a few" products: bag of nuts, kilogram of excellent dark chocolate, a sausage and house pilaf which solemnly was eaten at supper.
At night there was a rain, and I, lying on a "king size" size bed, thought where and in what conditions I will spend the night the next night. After all IT tomorrow begins, a big adventure - a way to Cape Horn. After all tomorrow already there will be a wind, a rain, tent, a fire and all other attributes of life of the wanderer.  As I was mistaken! About Tomorrow. But Life, really, prepared for us Adventures, the sense of some of them isn't conceivable still.
To be continued…
www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:35 am

Photos...

www.ducky.com.ua
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:50 am